Office Policies & Procedures
The following is a list of office policies and procedures. We encourage all clients to read through these policies before their first appointment.
As Registered Massage Therapists, we are obligated by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario to abide by a Scope of Practice: “The practice of massage therapist is the assessment of the soft tissue and joints of the body and the treatment and prevention of physical dysfunction and pain of the soft tissues and joints by manipulation to develop, maintain, rehabilitate or augment physical function, or relieve pain.”
It is required by law to have you complete a health history form to be kept in our records. We are also required to update all health history forms annually so please inform us of any changes to health status or medications immediately. Please be aware that you have access to your file at any time, and your information will be kept confidential, except as required or allowed by law.
If any information is required by a third party (insurance company, lawyer, and other health care providers) a written authorization of release of information will be obtained from you the client to release specific information.
Apex Rejuvenation reserves the right to request reasonable payment for any photocopies of information from the file the client may request.
- Payment may be made in the form of cash, debit, or credit card (Visa or MasterCard only).
- If you choose to pay with cash, please use exact change.
- Payment is expected at the end of your appointment unless other arrangements have been made.
- If you need to reschedule or cancel a scheduled appointment, please provide 24-hours advance notice, or you will be charged a no-show fee of $35 for the session.
- Illness and emergencies will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you need to cancel an appointment due to illness or emergency, please call to avoid being charged a no-show fee. Please note insurance benefits DO NOT cover missed appointment fees.
- If you are running late, please contact us to let us know, but be advised that your treatment will end as scheduled so that the next client is not kept waiting. Full charges for the whole treatment will apply.
- If you are a smoker, please refrain from smoking for at least an hour before your session, due to possible allergies for others in the clinic.
- As a courtesy to our other clients who may have allergies, please refrain from wearing things that are heavily scented, especially those with artificial fragrances.
- We believe in respecting the time of each of our clients. Please schedule your appointment when you can arrive on time. Your massage time begins and ends at the scheduled time.
- Please note, that if you are a new client, you will need to arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to fill out paperwork and complete a short intake. If you do not arrive early enough to fill out the paperwork, the time it takes will be taken out of your massage.
Informed Consent and Client Agreement:
- All clients have the right to informed consent. The therapist must explain the treatment to be given and an explanation for it.
- The client must give voluntary consent before treatment begins. At any time, the client can ask for the treatment to be modified or terminated.
- The massage therapist will only use those techniques within his scope of practice that he deems appropriate for your treatment.
- Massage therapy is strictly therapeutic and therefore strictly non-sexual.
- If you behave inappropriately during the session, the massage therapist has the right to end the massage, and you will be charged the full amount for the appointment. Charges may be pressed depending on the severity of the behaviour.
- While therapeutic, massage is not a replacement for medical care, diagnosis, or treatment.
- Some kinds of massage may be inappropriate for certain medical conditions, and you should inform the massage therapist of your medical history to the best of your knowledge. If you omit anything that leads to negative results, it is your responsibility and not that of the massage therapist.
Apex Rejuvenation provides registered massage therapy. Our staff comprises of Registered Massage Therapists and support staff. We are committed to collecting, using and disclosing personal information responsibly and only to the extent necessary for the goods and services we provide. The following document describes our privacy policies.
Types of personal information collected:
Apex Rejuvenation may collect personal information as required for services offered through electronic forms, email, phone, fax, mail or in person.
This personal information includes or relates to:
- an individual's personal characteristics (gender, age, home address, telephone number, email address)
- an individual's health (health history, current health status, physicians you are currently seeing,)
- an individual's activities (sports played, hobbies)
Business information although different from personal information and is not protected by privacy legislation, at Apex Rejuvenation your Business Information is treated like personal and will be used responsibly.
Purpose of collecting your information
We collect, use and disclose information for purposes related to offering you Massage Therapy. The most common examples of these purposes are as follows:
- Registered Massage Therapists are regulated by The College of Massage Therapy. The College may inspect our records and interview our staff as part of their regulatory activities in the public's interest.
- Our College requires us to retain our client records for a minimum of 10 years after the last contact.
Your Information and Third Parties
Apex Rejuvenation is a staunch supporter of the Canadian Federal Privacy Legislation. We will never rent, sell, or exchange your name or other personal information to third-party companies for any purpose. Under no circumstances will your personal information be disclosed to any third party unless we seek your expressed consent or are required to do so by law.
Protecting Personal Information
Apex Rejuvenation understands the importance of protecting personal information. For that reason, we take the following steps.
- Paper information is either under supervision or secured in a locked or restricted area.
- Electronic hardware is either under supervision or is in a locked or restricted area. Computers/tablets are password protected.
Access to your Information
With only a few exceptions, you have the right to see what personal information we hold about you. It is our policy to help you identify what records we might have about you. We will also help you understand any information you do not understand (short forms, technical language, etc.) We reserve the right to charge a nominal fee for such requests. If you believe there is a mistake in the information, you have the right to ask for it to be corrected. This applies to factual information and not to any professional opinions we may have formed. We may ask you to provide documentation that our files are wrong. Where we agree that we made a mistake, we will make the correction. If we do not agree that a mistake has been made, we will still include a brief statement in your file that you do not agree with our information.
Apex Rejuvenation reserves the right to make changes to this policy from time to time. Changes may occur without warning.